23 August, 2005

Roadtrip

I picked up Charles at this place right after work on Wednesday. I was eager to hit the road and begin the 5-hour drive. From there, we headed to my place where I fought with Stevie over a cooler. We borrowed one from the next-door neighbor, got it packed, and threw it in the car. A few last checks and we headed to Old Man Standiford's to grab Marv. With everyone onboard, we got on the interstate. to each other until we got onto 294 going around Chicago. Night had fallen and I decided to break the silence by throwing in a tape. It was a BBC dramatization of the first Sherlock Holmes story, "A Study in Scarlett". Marv is a pretty big Holmes fan while Charles and I had read a smattering of the stories and enjoyed them as well. 294 was under construction with a lane being added in each direction. We moved rather swiftly while the lanes going to Chicago were backed up for miles. We all hoped that we'd not run into that on the way home come Sunday.

Indiana is not the prettiest state in the union so I really didn't mind driving through it at night. A bit after 11 we hit 465 to take us by the airport where our hotel lay. After a slightly confusing romping around the periphery of the airport, we got our bearings and found the hotel - La Quinta!! Gleefully we gathered ourselves and our stuff together and slumped into our room. For his part, Charles took to the Net.



Marv had found Starship Troopers on the tele and made himself comfortable without missing a frame.



I grabbed a bed and watched Denise Richards and her boobs battle the bugs.



It didn't take me too long to get tired so I let myself fall into the arms of Morpheus as tomorrow would be a big day...

No comments: