02 August, 2005

Degrees of Separation

The new Discipline Degrees of Separation contest has been announced: connect Robert Fripp to Tito Puente in as few steps as possible. Fuck me! I had problems with linking Fripp to Kurt Cobain so I don't know how the hell I'm gonna link him to Puente. Did Tito do a guest session with Van der Graaf Generator or something equally preposterous? Oh well, research to be done.

Today is going alright. Other than a conundrum involving Dreamweaver, it's been OK. No hangover, thankfully. That goddamn Stone Tepee Pale Ale is not only tasty but it also packs a little wallop. Uff da! Thanks to Kias for providing the brews while I worked on his PC. He told me the sorrowful tale of Zeke's adventures at a tavern recently. (Long time readers may remember Zeke's ass & ball sack appearing in a photo this spring.) He ordered a bunch of wings - just generic fried chicken wings - and got a basket full of hot sauce along with them. So he grabs a wing and gives it a solid douche of Blair's Mega Death Hot Sauce against Kias' dire admonitions. He slurps the meat from the wing. Pause. Then the sweat came pouring down his face and fire belching from his mouth. So he went and stood in front of the air conditioner with his mouth open yelling for more beer. At the end of the nightmare, Zeke looked at the bottle and saw that it was made by a bunch of goofballs from like Berkeley, CA and, shaking his dead, muttered, "Those hippies got me." Beware of hot sauces labeled "Mega Death".

While I had a good time up by the Dells this weekend, I left my camera's battery charger there so I've got to get me a new one today. Yesterday I bought a spare battery as I lost the spare a few weeks ago as well as a new 512MB flash card. Plenty of space to record the events of GenCon.

Ruh ro, Raggy! I just got a notice that I have to go to an impromptu meeting. Contractors being 86'd? FTEs put on at-risk notice? Only The Shadow knows...

No comments: