18 August, 2005

The Journey

About a 5 hour drive. I don't know if it's Indy or if it's just because we're by the airport but, upon exiting the car in the hotel parking lot, our noses were accosted by a malodorous sulfuric scent. This is a horrid-smelling place. The drive down wasn't bad. I294 was a pain, though. They're adding a lane in each direction so things are tight. And the other side was at a crawl for miles. I hope we don't have to deal with that shite on Sunday. Charles and Marv have read way more comic books/graphic novels than I ever suspected. I felt all normal during their conversation. Marv also did his Willie Nelson imitation for us. Film at 11.

Tomorrow we register. I'm not sure what happens after that. We meet John at 4. I suppose I'll try to find my brother and friends from Chicago. And look through a guide hoolie as well to figure out what the hell I'm going to be doing for the next few days. I wonder if I'll meet up with Hagen. Must remember to look for the railroad barron type games.

No comments: