12 April, 2023

There's a disturbance in the biomatrix


When I first understood that this tale takes place on Traken, I felt like I should watch "The Keeper of Traken" as I hadn't in a while. What references would I miss?

It took some effort to stop envisioning Nyssa here and instead see Victoria being hit on by the Keeper. A story that begins with the Doctor needing to return a book becomes something much more as we learn that Victoria is the key here, though we don't really understand that fully until the end. Neverglade is a funky character and you can see his brains through his eyes. His super-mega-maxi orrery was a challenge to envision in my mind's eye. Forward gave Traken an almost magical feel to it. I felt like I was reading a Paul Magrs work.

Some interesting characters, a bit of action & adventure, and some misdirection made for a very fun story.

No comments: