22 June, 2005

While the Drive Copies Over...

I got me a 250GB hard drive on the cheap today so I'm copying data to it before I throw it into my tower. As the data copies, I'm sitting here feeling sad. The sadness is exacerbated by the fact that I'm listening to Van der Graff Generator. Anyone who likes to stereotype progressive rock for spacy, hippie lyrics ought to give VdGG a listen. Peter Hammill was never one for happy-cheery lyrics - he left that stuff to Jon Anderson and Yes. VdGG recently reunited and I'm listening to their first concert in years from last month.

The reason I'm sad is that I've been reading a couple of The Dulcinea's blogs. Ever since the parting of the ways, I've felt blue and reading about how she feels isn't helping. Yet I torture myself. She and I are to meet tomorrow evening, if my schedule accommodates, and I think my mind is dreading it. I'm hoping to not get a huge ass-chewing but who knows what will happen.

OK, I've put on a Man or Astro Man? show to lighten the mood. Anyway, while her blogs don't contain a neverending littany of complaints, I still feel horrible. It was certainly never my intention to hurt her or be a jerk yet methinks that's exactly what I did. Now I read that she never enjoyed me pulling her hair during sex. As she admitted, she never said anything but I still feel bad about that. And she has trimmed her pubic hair seriously after having grown it out because of my preference. This reminds me of another girlfriend who did the same. However, she did it while we were still dating and was indicative of her seeing someone else.

Ah well, we'll see what happens tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to go listen to some audio theater.

No comments: