09 June, 2005

News for Nerds

The New York Daily News is reporting that nerds make better lovers. There's hope for me yet! We geeks even have our own online dating service. No Madison area hotties there, though. Yet.

And the long-rumored Simpsons movie has entered pre-production.

The CBC has a documentary about Doctor Who online. I've watched part of it and it's pretty good. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person with a 13' multi-colored scarf. In related news, Big Finish, the makers of Doctor Who audio dramas, have started a new series called Sapphire & Steel starring Susannah Harker and David Warner. I'm not familiar with Harker though she's been in a number of films. Warner, however, will be familiar to many as he starred in Time Bandits, Tron, The Omen, and countless other films as well as a billion TV appearance including Twin Peaks and Star Trek: TNG. I haven't listened to the story, The Passenger, yet. Also, I received my copies of the first two Space 1889 episodes. Again, they've not yet touched my CD player.

No comments: