17 March, 2004

Cure For Pain

The latest additions to my stash are a Miles Davis Quintet show from Rome in October of 1969 and a fucking incredible copy of a Peter Gabriel show from July 10, 1993. "Shaking the Tree" has a fairly different feel here than the version on Secret World Live. Much to my chagrin, this excellent soundboard recording was from the 10th and not the 11th which was when I saw him on that tour. This Miles performance sounds really good - I'm listening to "Bitches Brew" now and he would go on to really change things by the time he decided to record it as it is totally lacking any fusion flavor at all.

Fuck! The bits I have of this Rage Against the Machine show are fucking killer! "People of the Sun" is bloody hyper! I've also snagged about half of an Uncle Tupelo show from 1992. "Punch Drunk" is really cool here. And a Morphine concert from 1998 is nearly finished downloading. Only another 13 megs! And this Flatt & Scruggs boot from 1950 is killer! "Foggy Mountain Chimes" is a rockin' - like Dokken! OH mama! This Morphine gig sounds awesome so far!

"We used to meet every Thursday, Thursday, Thursday in the afternoon..."


No comments: