09 March, 2004

Rehydrating Myself

Classic! Representative Rahm Emanuel from Chicago, IL is going off on a rant against Dubya. And he's making fun of Chicago aldermen to boot. Good humor. Vitafelice, I don't know if you follow Chicago politics at all, but it can be hilarious. At least you're experiencing a Daley in action. Welcome to The Machine! It's seems like John F. Kennedy got elected, in part, because of The Machine down there rigging ballot boxes and I'll bet my bottom dollar that Kerry (or whomever gets the nod from the Dems) is gonna have Daley doing the same thing this fall just like his old man did for JFK.

I am rehydrating myself with a pint of OJ & tonic.

Ye gods! I put on PBS and there's a clip featuring Karen Carpenter from 1968 and they're massacring "Dancing in the Street" by Martha and the Vandellas. Why do white people have such a hard time doing R&B covers with some balls? We tend to emasculate such songs completely. Oh Christ! Now they're destroying "Ticket to Ride". How terrible! Such saccharine-sweet, anodyne crap.

More hoopla on The Passion of the Christ! OK, I will attempt to see it again tomorrow. Now Jon Voight is commenting on it in a very negative way. I want to go on a rant but will pass tonight and wait until I see it for myself.

No comments: