03 March, 2004

I Feel Weird

I am relieved that, although I was bitch-slapped earlier today, it seems to have gotten sorted out. I hate it when people do that - makes me feel like a heel.

So I rented some flicks. Someone here suggested Buena Vista Social Club so I snagged that. Haven't watched it yet, though. But I do love Wim Wenders. I watched a documentary about Jack Nance, the actor. It sounds like he was an interesting person but the video itself was pretty boring. Also watched the bonus footage on the DVD of Manufacturing Consent. It was fun to see Noam Chomsky spar with William F. Buckley, Jr. and Michel Foucault. Why do post-modernists bother me so much? I also have Cold Creek Manor or whatever it's called. It's supposed to be pretty bad but I like Mike Figgis, especially Time Code and Loss of Sexual Innocence. That new TV show by Stephen King is on tonight - Kingdom Hospital or whatever it's called. I mentioned this to the guy at the video store and we both agreed to watch it to see how badly he butchered Lars von Trier's masterpiece. OK, so I'm being a pompous ass but I loved the original and fear for its fate at the hands of Mr. King.

Anyway, I'm thankful that people give me crap in their diaries and leave links with me in mind too. What else? Oh! I've got some CDs for which I can't find a home. Does anyone want them? Abraxas (remastered w/bonus trax) by Santana, the latest Mars Volta, a live Allman Bros., a Fishy mix, et al. (A crossfade on the Fish CD I burned today didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to so I'm gonna rehoolie it.) So, if anyone is up for them, please let me know. Also, anyone want a free copy of Gaia by James Lovelock?

OK, dinner is nearly done and King's hoolie will be on soon. Must prepare...

No comments: